Make my Bear - Teddy Bear Party Plan
Before the teddy bear party, make sure you have all the essentials
- A make my bear kit for each child
- Safety pins for the zips
- Pens for completing the birth certificates
- Name tags are useful if you don’t know all the children’s names
We have listed lots of teddy bear party game ideas on a separate page so please decide which ones you are going to do so you have the necessary equipment.
Suggested itinerary which takes approximately 2 hours.
Allow children to arrive and say hello and generally settle in.
For younger children start with a colouring in activity.
Play one of the games listed in our party games. See party games
Have a treasure hunt to find the teddy bear skins.
- Younger children there could be a trail to follow using wool or coloured string.
- Older children who can read have clues to follow to find their bears.
Explain to the children how to make bears. See instructions on how to make a bear.
- Provide safety pins for the zips and assist the younger children
- Stuff the bears/animals.
- Have a wishing ceremony where the children make a wish on the heart.
- Record a message if you have purchased the voice box
- Complete the birth certificate.
If you have purchased additional items for the teddies then now is the time to use them.
- Do you have T-shirts and fabric pens? Then decorate the T-shirts.
- If you have clothes, dress the bears/animals.
- Alternatively play some more teddy bear party games.
Serve the food. This could be in the form of a Teddy Bear’s picnic. Use a checked blanket and sit the children and their bears on this to eat. Use teddy bear cutters to cut out the sandwiches and serve a teddy bear cake – see recipes