Tiny Teddy Cupcakes
These tiny teddy cupcakes are easy to make but can easily be adapted for the more adventurous. The recipe below is for a basic cupcake but you could easily substitute a chocolate cupcake, a red velvet cupcake etc.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar
- food colouring, optional
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- box of chocolate tiny teddies
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven.
- Line muffin or mini-muffin pans with paper cases.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy ( this is easier if done with an electric mixer)
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture will separate at this stage).
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
- For 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pans use 2 level tablespoons of mixture. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
Alternatively, for 1 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans use 1 tablespoon mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing:
Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add food colouring of your choice and water. Stir until smooth and well combined. Spoon icing over cupcakes.
- Decorate with teddy teddies.Put your tiny teddy cupcakes in an airtight container until the party.