Teddy Bear Cake.
There are lots of wonderful cake recipes for children’s parties. Teddy bear cake is one of our favourites and is listed below. click on these links for other recipes
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 175g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 white marshmallows
- 2 pink marshmallows
- black icing
- packet chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180°C.(160°C fan forced)
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan and three 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffin holes. Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Combine buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a jug. Make a well in centre of flour mixture. Pour in buttermilk mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Fill muffin holes to about 3/4 full and pour remaining mixture into prepared pan. Bake muffins for about15 – 20mins and cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a little corner off 2 muffins and place these on the main cake as ears. Use the remaining muffin as the nose.
- To make chocolate icing sift icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add butter and 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Spread icing over cake.
- Use the white marshmallows as eyes and the ink ones on the ears
- Use the black icing as the pupils and to draw the nose as in the picture
- Allow icing to set.